Here’s a list of some of the most popular snow play areas for Fresno families to visit. If you have any to add…please contact me.
- BALSAM MEADOWS CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE-Balsam Meadows: North side of Hwy. 168, 60 miles northeast of Fresno. Best snow play area on Hwy. 168. No snowmobiles. Ample parking. Call SCE 559-841-3194
- Tamarack: South side of Hwy. 168, 68 miles northeast of Fresno. Groomed snowmobile trail, cross-country skiing. Limited snow play, no sled slope. Call USFS 559-855-5360.
- Coyote: North side of Hwy. 168, 68 miles northeast of Fresno. Good cross-country ski area, no snowmobiles. Sled slope. Call USFS 559-855-5360.
- Eastwood: Hwy. 168, 75 miles northeast of Fresno at Huntington Lake US Forest Service Center. Groomed snowmobile trails, cross-country skiing. Limited snow play, no sled slope. Call USFS 559-855-5360.
- Huntington Lake: Huntington Lake Road, 1 mile past Eastwood Sno-Park. Groomed snowmobile trails, cross country skiing. Limited snow play, no sled slope. Call USFS 559-855-5360.
A day ($5) or season ($25) permit is required for each vehicle parked at the Sno-Park. You can purchase your permit at Herb Bauer Sporting Goods, Lakeshore Resort, Rancheria Enterprises, Shaver Lake Ace Hardware, Shaver Lake Sports, or Sierra Summit Mountain Resort. See this page for complete listing. To receive a Sno-Park guide, call the Sno-Park Hotline at 916-324-1222.
Where can I take my grandson to play in the snow its
Dec. year (2021)
Check the list above. That’s all I know. 🙂 Maybe others can comment with updated info…
Where is there snow now how high do I have to wanna take the kids to have fun.
Is there any snow right now??? I want to take my grandkids to the snow and can’t seem to find any…HELP!
I don’t think there’s been snow all season. 🙁
Yesterday I took my boys up SR180 to kings canyon national park and had a great day at the picnic are playing in the snow!
How fun…I hope there is snow there next weekend…I wanna take my boys…
Find awesome listings near you!