- Check here to see some ideas on family-friendly places to visit around California.
- Got some to add? Email me via the “Contact the Webmama link in the menu to the right———->
Here’s an interesting link for roadside stops along Hwy 99 you should check out if you’re heading on a trip via 99!
- San Jose Museum of Art
- Tech Museum of Innovation
- Winchester Mystery House
- Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum & Planetarium
- Happy Hollow Park & Zoo
- Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose
- San Francisco Zoo
- Exploratorium, The Museum of Science, Art & Human Perception
- Habitot Children’s Museum (Berkeley)
- Aquarium of the Bay, San Francisco, Pier 39, 1-888-SEA-DIVE
- California Academy of Sciences, 415-750-7145, San Francisco, 875 Howard St.
Home of the Steinhart Aquarium, Morrison Planetarium, & Natural History Exhibits
- California’s Great America Theme Park, Santa Clara (near San Francisco),
- Burlingame Museum of Pez, 214 California Drive, Burlingame, (650) 347-2301
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Formerly Marine World/Africa USA)
From Fresno Local, Randal Moens:
“Hi!! I have a few suggestions when going to the Central Coast. There is a gift shop with a aquarium and place to feed the seals in Morro Bay by the Harbor. If one takes highway 41 from Morro Bay to Atascadero there are to places to stop. The first stop is a Avacado Farm with a little gift shop that sells fresh avacados. Very yummy!
Further down the road, closer to Atascadero, is a Pick Your Own Raspberry Farm. The man running the farm is very personal and will help each family member pick the finest raspberries around. His raspberry plants do not have thorns. Both of these events we go to everytime we visit the central coast. Before I forget, the Raspberry Farm is best visited in June. One other thing to see on the Central Coast is a Abalone Farm that is between Cayucos and Cambria. I called them up recently but tours are not given until June. I did not realize that such a farm existed there until recently. The Abalone Farm has their own web site. I do not know it but search Abalone Farm and you will find it. See Ya!!!
- Casa De Fruta–Two miles east of the junction of Highway 152 and Highway 156, you’ll discover Casa de Fruta, a family tradition and home of the sweetest, freshest variety of fruit anywhere on earth.
Playground, mini-train, petting zoo, etc…
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Monterey County Youth Museum–“MY Museum”Located in the Monterey Bay Aquarium/Cannery Row Parking Garage.
Hands-on exhibits for children including The Creation Station, Magnet Table, Build-a-House, My Pizzaria, My Theater, Giant Loom and more!
- Dennis the Menace Playground–Pearl St. and Camino El Estero
Pacific Grove (near Monterey)
- Monarch Grove Sanctuary
View monarchs overwintering in clusters on trees, October-March
Children’s Parade in October!
Carlsbad (near San Diego)
- San Diego Zoo, (619) 234-3153
- Knott’s Berry Farm, (714) 220-5200
Rosamond (north of LA)
- Feline Conservation Center (aka “The Cat House”)
Angeles National Forest
- California State Railroad Museum
- Sacramento Discovery Museum
- Sacramento Zoo
- Fairytale Town, 1501 Sutterville Rd, Sacramento, CA
Across the street from the City Zoo.
- Funderland, Sacramento, (916) 456-0115
Located near Fairytale Town and the Zoo. A fun place where the little ones can play on rides.
- Effie Yeaw Nature Center–Carmichael (Suburb of Sacramento)
- Chico Creek Nature Center (530) 891-4671
- Explorit Science Center, 3141 5th St, Davis, (530) 756-0191
Check out this link for CA Travel & Tourism!
Here’s a link you may want to check out for U-Pick Produce Farms all over California!