I have been taking my kids (off and on) to Perfect Balance Yoga, on Fresno St just north of Shaw Ave, since my oldest (now 10yrs) was about 3yrs old. I cannot say enough how fabulous Joanne (co-owner of the studio) and her Kid Yoga instructors have been!
Currently my 5yr old is having a blast with all the kids in the Kid Yoga class on Fridays, taught by "Miss Jules" Tuggle.
I’ve also known Jules, socially, for many years, since her oldest was a toddler (6 or 7 years ago)…and she is, in a word, FABULOUS!!
Jules has a positive and spunky energy about her that really draws the kids in. She not only keeps the class fun but teaches them so many wonderful things about their energy, their body, their feelings, and what it means to be a yogi.
From PB Yoga’s website, the class description:
Yoga for Kids is modified for kids in a fun and attention grabbing way.
- Develop strong, flexible and healthy bodies
- Increase concentration, focus and attention
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Open up to a peaceful, relaxed state of body and mind.
- Acquire personal tools for stress management
- Express creativity and imagination
- Understand anatomy and health
- Learn environmental awareness and earth care
- Foster language development and social interaction
Whether your children have never experienced yoga before or if they are an experienced little yogi, this is an excellent class for them!
Come join us!!
Every Friday from 4-4:45pm
5091 N Fresno Street, Suite 133, Fresno
And tell them FresnoFamily.com sent you!
Here’s a short video of the class in action: