Before I share all the great links around the web that I have below, I want to first share the resources that I, the webmama FresnoFamily.com, personally have created for homeschoolers. I have been homeschooling my kids since the beginning. They’ve never not been homeschooled. Officially started “kindergarten” with my oldest the 2006/7 school year. Started kindergarten with my younger in 2010/11 school year. I just have the 2.
Here are my resources:
- Homeschool Realm–This is my homeschool blog I created years ago to share my journey in homeschooling, as well as lots of great resources I find along the way…Lots of great books and links!
- Noodle Homeschool–These are online courses for kids that I started creating to go along with watching the tv series The Amazing Race, and then it grew from there…I’m in the process of creating other classes now that are non Amazing Race related. The courses are online and interactive but also provide many hands-on, offline resources as well.
- Savvy Homeschool Moms–This is a homeschool podcast I do with another local homeschool mom.
Fantastic Articles on Homeschooling
Local Homeschooling Links
California Homeschooling Links
National Homeschooling Links
General Homeschooling Links
- Homeschooling in the news
- Homeschooling & the Myth of Socialization
- But What About the Prom?
- No Thankyou, We Don’t Believe in Socialization
- Unexpected Benefits of Homeschooling
- Sunnyside Christian Academy (Fresno ISP)
- Tower Christian School
- Christian Home Educators of Fresno Area (CHEFA)
- Valley Home Educators (Modesto)
- Pontiac High School-A local family site
- Central Valley Homeschoolers Yahoogroup
- Fresno and Madera Homeschoolers Yahoogroup
- California Homeschool Network
- Homeschool Association of California
- California Homeschool Organizations
- Christian Home Educators of California (CHEA)-A non-profit ministry established in 1982 to provide information, support, and training to the home education community throughout the state.
- Homefires’ Homeschooling in CA Information-LOTS of info here! Very thorough!
- California HS Calendar–CHN’s Statewide Calendar of Events gives the latest on activities, field trips, & classes for all California homeschoolers.
- National Home Education Research Institute-A nonprofit 501(c)(3) research and educational organization whose mission is to: produce high-quality statistics, research, and technical reports on home education…serve as a clearinghouse of research for home educators, researchers, and policy makers…and educate the public concerning the findings of all research on home education.
- Heather’s Homeschooling Pages
- A to Z Home’s Cool
- Rose Rock Global Homeschool Network
- Homeschool.com: Your Virtual Homeschool
- Homeschool Central
- Home School Legal Defense Association- A non-profit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect family freedoms. Through annual memberships, HSLDA is tens of thousands of families united in service together, providing a strong voice when and where needed.*NOTE* I’ve been told this is a Christian organization that DOES accept non-Christians, BUT that the organization does contribute to evangelical Christian causes. So if this is a concern to you, please look into it and decide whether or not this organization is truly for you. There is also a lot of people out there who have the mistaken information that you MUST be a member of HSLDA if you homeschool in CA, and this simply is not true.
- Legal Reference Desk for California Homeschoolers
- The LINK-The Nation’s Homeschool Newspaper.
“For the news, views & the muse…Kid Comfortable Homeschool Conferences, comprehensive resource lists and 300,000 readers.”
- Homeschool World-The official website of Practical Homeschooling Magazine.
- The Teaching Home-A bimonthly magazine devoted to a Christian perspective of home education. Each issue is filled with a variety of sections and articles written by practicing home educators who share their valuable experiences with you.
- Homeschooling Today Magazine Online-The official website of Homeschooling Today Magazine
- Homefires–The Journal of Homeschooling Online-Here you’ll find ideas and activities for toddlers to teens in every subject. Get expert advice on homeschooling from respected contributors, authors, educators, parents, and business leaders who share their wisdom and expertise on learning at home. If you believe that learning is a joyful experience, and that teaching your child is a privilege and a good idea — this site is for you!
- Homeschool Fair-Held every Memorial Day at Ontario Christian High School
931 W. Philadelphia Ave., Ontario, California
The purpose of the Home School Fair is to serve the children in the home school community by allowing them a place to share their talents and abilities with friends, family members, and other home school students.
The Home School Fair offers something for everyone:
* Hands-On Science Center * History Projects * PE Clinics * Science Projects * Writing & Poetry * Pinewood Derby * Baked Goods * Arts & Crafts * Carnival Games * Spelling Bee * Olympic Events * Bible Sword Drills * Talent Showcase * Country Fair Contests * Food & Vendors * Used Curriculum *
- CHEFA Annual Convention (Christian Home Educators of Fresno Area)
- Valley Home Educators Annual Home Education Convention-Modesto, California