There are many entertainment venues and businesses that have special “Homeschool Days” and discounts for homeschoolers in California. As I learn about them, I will share them here with you. If you have any to share, please email me.
And I HIGHLY recommend getting on this egroup: California HS Calendar—
CHN’s Statewide Calendar of Events gives the latest on activities, field trips, & classes for all California homeschoolers.
Below you will find entertainment venues that have a special day set aside just for homeschoolers, or special days for homeschoolers to get a discount.
- Knott’s Berry Farms, Buena Park
- Legoland, Carlsbad (Near San Diego)
- Six Flags’ Magic Mountain, Valencia
Enter promo code “HOMESCHOOL”
- Six Flags’ Discovery Kingdom, Vallejo
If that link doesn’t work, enter promo code “HOMESCHOOL” in the search box on the main site. (Wait until closer to November, since that’s usually when they have their homeschool day.)
- California Academy of Science Education, SF
- Seaworld San Diego
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Schulz Museum, Santa Rosa
(Go ice skating at Redwood Empire Ice Arena while you’re there!)
Call 707-579-4452, ext. 273 for info
limited to 100 students
- Spring/Summer Camp For Homeschoolers, Angelus Oaks
- San Jose Raging Waters
Call (408) 223-3951 for info
- Bay Area Discovery Museum, Sausalito
- San Diego Zoo, Homeschool Tuesdays
- UNofficial Homeschool Day at Disneyland
- Aquarium of the Pacific